Monday 15 October 2012

getting in on the green smoothie


We've been participating in the Green Smoothie Challenge over the last week.  Making a large batch up each morning.  The LF is fructose intolerant, meaning we are restricted by what fruit we can add but some of the ingredients we have been experimenting with are maca powder, chai seeds, LSA, organic raw cocoa, acai, Sunwarrior protein powder, handfuls of spinach, banana, blue berries, kiwi, mango, maple  syrup, mint, cinnamon, dates and homemade nut milk.

It's such a great way to start the day for me because I get so bored chewing cereal every single day.  It's also a great feeling getting your greens in first thing...and even Z will indulge.  A definite win win in our household.
If you have any tasty smoothie recommendations I'd love to hear them. x x

2 comments:

Bruise Mouse said...

These sound delicious.
I know what you mean about cereal. My kiddoes eat Weetbix and the thought of this first thing in the morning doesn't really get me excited. They love them!
x

Adventures with Dementia said...

Z is a Weetbix fan too and it just seems like eating cardboard to me. Funny things x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...