Wednesday 7 November 2012

Hand printing on Fabric ::: revisited



1. Screenprinting, 2. Folk Birds - Tea Towel, 3. Dusk Lupine - Tea Towels, 4. pattern of the day-026, 5. Shipping Out I, 6. Untitled

I've decided (with a couple of friends) to hand print some tea towels for Christmas presents this year. Being complete novices we've been investigating the process, made trips to Melbourne Etching Supplies and Riot Art for supplies, watched youtube tutorials and consulted our copies of this Lena Corwin book and my beloved Lotta Prints book. I'm now hoping we'll be ready to roll next week.

We just need to come up with our artwork & choose whether to use the Drawing Fluid & Screen filler or stencil technique.

Here are a couple of tutorials I found which are handy if you'd too like to get crafty and print up some tea towels of you own.
Miss Daydream Believer's print studio
Anna Laura's screen printing using drawing fluid tutorial.
Craftgrrl's Cheap screen printing using an embroidery hoop.
Dakini Silk & Things tutorial.

I've also been pinning my favorites over here. If you have any inspiration.... or tips I'd love to hear. Please leave me the links below. xox

:::
I originally posted this (above) on the 9th November last year....  Christmas is fast approaching. We will be printing on the 18th Novemeber, so yet again the race is on to come up with a design. I thought I'd revisit some of my previous inspiration and share it here in case you are tempted to start your own tradition.

You can check out the results from last year here & here.

I can't believe it's been a whole year since I've printed.  I loved the whole process last year and my excitement is starting to build. xx


5 comments:

Bruise Mouse said...

How exciting. I can't wait to see what you come up with thus year.

Adventures with Dementia said...

Thanks BM! Me too. x

cityhippyfarmgirl said...

Ohhh what design, what design?

Adventures with Dementia said...

I think we're almost there with a design Brydie. We are going with something native as the other two will be posting the finished pieces OS. One is American the other Dutch..... Sunday is the day. So stay tuned. x

Adventures with Dementia said...

I think we're almost there with a design Brydie. We are going with something native as the other two will be posting the finished pieces OS. One is American the other Dutch..... Sunday is the day. So stay tuned. x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...